Builder DAO allows anyone to suggest, debate, implement, and propose new ideas and changes to the Builder ecosystem. Discourse can provide us a venue for longer discussions that span several days. Topics ranging from grant proposals, governance models, and the future of DAOs will be discussed here.
Categories help us organize content so it’s easier to discover new conversations and locate old ones. If you’re unsure which category to post in in these early days, simply submit your post and a community member will help recategorize it as the conversation flows.
- Site Feedback – general discussion about the site itself.
- BuilderDAO – longer form BuilderDAO discussion will happen here. Only BuilderDAO members can post here.
- BuilderDAO proposals – Create drafts and discuss proposals - anyone can post here, bring your ideas!
Discourse has a trust system where users can, over time, earn the trust of the community and gain abilities to assist in governing their community.
Discourse is designed to offer safe defaults for public communities, even with no active moderation.
0 (new) → 1 (basic) → 2 (member) → 3 (regular) → 4 (leader)
All new users start out in a sandbox with restrictions for everyone’s safety. Trust level 0 (new) users cannot …
- post more than 2 hyperlinks
- post any images or file attachments
- send private messages
- flag posts or topics
- have actual links in the “about me” field of their profile
- @name mention more than 2 users in a post
Virtually every action a user can take is rate limited for safety, and especially so for new users. But don’t worry, new users can transition to trust level 1 in about 15 minutes.
If you feel you should have higher trust score message an Admin on Discord.
Where to go next:
- Introduce Yourself to the rest of the Builder Discourse
- Create a new post by clicking
+ New Topicfrom the home page
Remember Discourse is a work in progress let us know your suggestions!